Getting Your Child Ready For Preschool
As parents, we want the best things in life for our children, and that means finding a quality preschool that allows them to learn and grow in a creative and nurturing environment. It’s hard enough leaving your child in the care of another when you are ready to go back to work, but when you aren’t sure what your child will be doing every day, your anxiety and stress level is sure to go up. At One World Preschools, we want to put every parent’s mind at ease. Our reputation as the best preschool in Pompano Beach speaks for itself. We are a Five Star Rated and Apple Accredited preschool, and our excellent teaching staff is very experienced and accredited. You can stop in at any time of the day to see what your child is doing. What’s more, we have a very reliable security system in place, as well as security cameras in all of the classrooms and main entrance.
How do I prepare my preschooler for the first day of school?
You may be feeling a bit apprehensive as you kiss your preschooler goodbye in the morning. But remember that he or she may be feeling a lot of anxiety during the first few days and that this is a milestone transition for both of you. After all, your child may be leaving you or several hours for the first time, and they are going into an unknown place with children and adults they’ve never met before. At One World Preschools, we understand that this is entirely normal behavior, and every child and parent goes through it. So, what are some of the things you can do to prepare your child for the first day of preschool better:
- Take a tour of the school before and let your child meet his or her teacher.
- Let your child play a bit and get acclimated to the toys and materials, as well as the children.
- Practice getting ready in the morning. For example, it could mean laying out your child’s clothes or zipping on his or her coat and strapping on a backpack to simulate getting ready.
- Read books about going to preschool and what to expect in the environment.
- Take a practice walk or drive to the preschool a few days before.
- Listen to you your child’s fears about starting preschool and confidently explain that he or she will be safe and cared for in every way.
- Create a special memory book of your family to take and put in your child’s cubby. If your child is missing you, he or she can pull the book out of the cubby and hopefully feel comforted.
No one can anticipate how your child is going to react on the first day of preschool or even in the first two weeks. It will take time and patience for all of you to transition into your new roles. At One World Preschool, our caring instructors have been successfully navigating these issues for decades and will help you in any way we can to make sure the transition from home to preschool is a successful one. But more than that, our compassionate teachers will make sure that your child is loved, supported, and engaged with activities throughout the day. Your child is your most precious asset, and you want to find the best preschool program in Pompano Beach. Call (954) 782-2874 today to make an appointment to meet with us. Or you can stop by anytime we are open. In addition to the best preschool program in Pompano Beach, we also offer the highest quality VPK program.